6 slices bread (white or whole wheat)
1 cups milk (boiled)
2 beaten eggs
10 tbsp of sugar (according to your taste)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract / nutmeg
1 tbsp of water for caramel
pinch of salt
In a steel bowl add 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of water and carefully place the bowl on medium low heat till the sugar melt and caramelizes.
Then slowly coat the inside of the bowl with the hot caramel.
- You can also make the caramel and coat a baking dish or you can use the store-bought caramel.
- Add the remaining sugar to the milk, bread & egg, put in blender for 1 minute then add a pinch of salt, vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture in caramelized bowl or baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Heat oven to 350F and bake the caramel bread pudding for 40 to 50 minutes in a water bath or you can steam it on the stove for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely and they carefully flip it on a serving plate.
- 1 egg = 1 tablespoon finely ground flax meal + 3 tablespoons of warm water. Just whip the flax & water together and add to the recipe) / (½ pureed Banana, abt 1/4 cup = 1 egg)