(Create goes to Priyanka Varma on Facebook group – Chef at Large)
For the dough :
- All purpose flour : 2 cups
- Dry active Yeast : 1 tbsp (If using instant yeast then take 2+1/4 tsps)
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Dry oregano : 1 tbsp.
- Luke warm water : 1/2 +1/2 cup
- Butter : 1+1/2 tbsps (melted)
For Filling :
2 Eggs (boiled & chopped fine).
2 medium siz. Onion.
3 cloves of garlic. (Chopped fine)
2 tbsp. Oil ( olive oil / any oil)
1 tbsp. Garam masala.
1 tbsp. Tomato paste
Salt according 2 ur taste.
Activate the yeast :
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup of luke warm water. To this add yeast and sugar, mix well, cover and keep aside for 10-15 minutes or unless yeast becomes foamy or frothy.
- If you are using Instant yeast, then skip this step and add yeast and sugar directly to the flour and knead with warm water.
Make the dough :
- Once yeast activated, take All purpose flour, dry oregano, add salt, mix well, add yeast mixture and try to knead a dough.
- Also add the rest half of the luke warm water, little by little and knead a very sticky dough. Half way through add 1 tbsp melted butter and knead.
- As shown in the dough, take the dough on to the working surface and knead atleast for 10-12 minutes. This will activate some gluten in the dough, which helps to make the buns light and soft. You might need some dry flour and butter to make it smooth. But don’t add a lot of dry flour or it will become dense.
- Once done with the kneading, place it in a well greased bowl and apply some oil on the top as well. Cover it and keep it in some warm place so that it rises well. I kept it in my oven, switching on only light and not the oven. It takes 45 minutes to 1 hour or sometimes more than that, as per the whether.
Method for Filling :
Take a pan put 2 tbsp olive oil then add garlic little sauté,
then add onion salt, it make da onion to caramelized fast thn.
Add garam masala, tomatoe paste ( I use paste to get color)
lastly egg n sauté for 5 minutes & here ur Egg buns filling ready.