India’s many regional versions of halva are different from the sesame-based ones of the Middle East. The ones you’ll most often see around Mumbai are made by cooking wheat, sugar and ghee until they become a gelatinous, usually green, chewy substance that’s cut in squares; almonds and cashews are added. Variations, like badam halwa etc.
This halwa is just refresh the memories when i was in goa where we could but easy but here in Middle East there is halwa bit can nail same lk. our beautiful india. This is favorite @ home and this time i prepare with strawberry essence keeping in mind of Valentine where special day celebrate on 14th Feb. every year by all, lover, husband, wife , mother & father with kids it denote of Love.
Well according to me everyday is a valentine day.
Saint Valentine’s Day, also known as Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine. It is celebrated in many countries around the world.
St. Valentine’s Day began as a liturgical celebration one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus. Several martyrdom stories were invented for the various Valentines that belonged to February 14.
Mumbai Halwa ingredients listed below :
- Corn-flour — 1/3 cup
- Sugar — 3/4 cup
- Water — 1 1/3 cup
- Ghee — 2 tbsp.
- Strawberry Essence – 5 drops
- Almonds — 5 pieces (chopped into medium pieces)
- Take a pan add water, sugar, corn-flour & ghee 1 tbsp. and mix well.
- Put on the flame to low keep the pan and stir it continuously for 6 minutes coz of lumps and when it form to a ball and leave the pan, add strawberry essence and almonds ( keep some for garnish) & keep for another 3 minutes then put off the flame.
- Take a plate greased with ghee then add halwa and garnish with almonds & let it cool then cut to heart shape.
Happy Valentine in Advance to all da Reader !!!!!!!!!!!!!!