Dosa is indigenous to South India, In popular tradition, the origin of dosa is linked to Udupi, probably because of the dish’s association with the Udupi restaurants. Also, the original Tamil dosa was softer and thicker. The thinner and crispier version of dosa, which became popular all over India, was first made in present-day Karnataka.
Dosa, a common breakfast dish and is rich in carbohydrates and contains no sugar or saturated fats. As its constituent ingredients are rice and Urad Dal, it is gluten-free and becomes a complete protein The fermentation process increases the vitamin B and vitamin C content. There are also instant mix products for making dosa, with somewhat lower nutrition.
Dosa are favorite all time for ma kids and it’s a soul food, b4 it never nail it but when ma new south indian neighbor came i ask her the correct measure and she explain to me and had some to her place also it was outstanding and when ever i made it give a smile for the prefect one and we have sometime for dinner also this is very heavy meal ma Jesus but never ending story.
So it was ma experience if u love do try.
Ma ingredient is noted below:
Ingredients for Black Gram :
- Black chana garam – 1 cup (Soak overnight)
- Onion – 1 medium (Chopped into length wise)
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (chopped)
- Potatoes – 1 medium (chopped into medium)
- Green Chillies – 2 nos (slit)
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 2 piece
- Cloves – 3 pieces
- Cinnamon – ½ inch
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coconut – 1/3 cup (roasted)
- Red Chilly dry – 2 piece
- Now take a pan add the coconut roast for while don’t roast too dark, then remove into a plate, then add ginger, garlic, dry red chilly, cloves, cinnamon and roast for while then add in the same plate let it cool completely. Take a blender add the roast ingredient and make a fine paste.
- Take a pressure cooker let it heat to medium then add the onion sauté till it turn to translucent add green chilly sauté for 2 second then add the tomato sauté for while then add the grounded masala sauté for second add the black chana grams add salt add 1 and 1/3 cup water close the cooker lid let it cook with 2 whistles close then flame then add potato cook for 25 minutes close the flame.
- Serve it with hot dosa it an aws. Combo I alwys have dosa with tomatoes or coconut chutney but this time had with black gram it was aws. Combo.
Ingredients for Dosa :
- Boiled Rice – 3 cup rice
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Cook rice – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- salt to taste
- Wash rice separately and dals.
- Soak in plenty of water and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Take a blender add soak rice and cook rice and blend till it is smooth paste. (don’t add together add separately and blend all the rice).
- Then separately blend the urad dal to fine.
- Take a big bowl add rice & urad dal paste and Mix both batters, add salt and oil.
- Mix well till fluffy and light.
- Keep aside for 3-4 hours before making dosa.
- Heat griddle, pour batter and make as for plain dosa.
- Make thin or thick as desired.
Serve hot with Black Gram Curry/ tomato, coconut chutney.