I love tomatoes chutney the aroma and tangy taste it goes well with dosa & Idli it is soul food for breakfast and lunchbox for kids and as well in office also, whenever i make dosa i bring for ma friend frm. Middle East she just ♥ ma food.
Ma kids also grt. fan of dosa and idli along with coconut or tomato chutney. I prepare them for lunchbox and sometime for dinner too.
Benefits of Tomatoes :
It is naturally low in sodium, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. Tomatoes also provide thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, all of which are necessary for good health.
Tomatoes Chutney ingredients listed below :
Ingredients for Tomatoes Chutney :
- Tomato – 4 medium (chopped into chunk)
- Garlic cloves – 2 piece
- Cloves – 2 piece
- Tamarind – small piece (can omit also coz of too tangy coz tomatoes)
- Red Chilly – 3 piece
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Take a pan add the olive oil let it heat medium then add garlic, red chilly & cloves sauté for while don’t make too brown.
- In same pan add tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes close the flame let it cool completely
- Take a blender add all the ingredient and make a smooth paste.
For Dosa can follow the below link & for black chana gravy also.
Ingredients for Dosa :
- Boiled Rice – 3 cup rice
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Cook rice – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- salt to taste
- Wash rice separately and dals.
- Soak in plenty of water and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Take a blender add soak rice and cook rice and blend till it is smooth paste. (don’t add together add separately and blend all the rice).
- Then separately blend the urad dal to fine.
- Take a big bowl add rice & urad dal paste and Mix both batters, add salt and oil.
- Mix well till fluffy and light.
- Keep aside for 3-4 hours before making dosa.
- Heat griddle, pour batter and make as for plain dosa.
- Make thin or thick as desired.
Serve hot with tomato chutney.