This chicken curry is very special with full of nutritious load, well today I would love to share Chicken Curry along with Moringa Oleifera / Mashinha Panna Common name is Drumstick Leaves and Mashin mean in Konkani we goan pronounce and Panna Mean Leaves in Goan Konkani and Chicken all knows, Kodi mean Goan Pronounce Curry.
Moringa Oleifera / Mashinha Panna just refresh the memories of my late Grandfather he use to prepared yumicilious vegetable with Leaves and flower, actually my Grandfather had big tree of drumstick leaves and in morning the compound was full of white with drumstick tree and really it was to fun to collect early morning fresh flower and some pluck from the tree.
I had gone to shopping than i saw drumstick tree leave when i saw i was really overwhelmed that i got here in Kuwait and without second thought just took and I wasu excited to prepare and tried first stif fry sorry i could’nt click and my kids did like to have simple stif fry, then second day i prepared Chicken Gravy and had a plan have to feed my kids then plan to enfold in Chicken Curry and i believe when ever i prepare Chicken they never say no and they have this magical veggie and i was satisfied, what a mother need more than that when kids have nutritious.
No special masala required all ingredient is daily use and jiffy availabe in each pantry and this magic ingredient make a super cool Chicken Curry, just has to ground dry spices along with some yogurt and incorporate with chicken, enfold with chopped Moringa Oleifera / Mashinha Panna. Do give this a try and sure you’ll will feel in love @ first sight.
Health Benefits :
Drumstick Leaves are high in nutrition.
Drumstick Leaves are rich in Vitamin- A, Vitamin- C, Essential Amino acids and Calcium.
Drumstick leaves fights with Eye, Bone, Heart, Nerves related problems.
Drumstick Leaves protect from Diarrhea, Heart, Skin, eye related problems.
Fresh Drumstick Leaves are rich in Vitamin- C, 7times greater when compared with Oranges. Due to its richness it fights with cold, flu.
Due to this it makes bones and teeth very strong.
Author : Linda
Cuisine : Goan
Cooking : Essay
Serve : 5 – 6
1 Kg. Chicken
1 1/2 Cup Yogurt
1/2 Cup Moringa Oleifera Leaves / Mashinga Panna (Drumsticks Leaves).
1 big Red Onion.
1 1/2 tbsp. Garam masala powder
1 tbsp. Red Chilly Powder (Kashmiri Pwd.)
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
2 Green Chilly slit
Salt to taste
Blend to Paste :
6 Garlic cloves
1 inch Ginger
1 inch nutmeg
1 tsp Fennel seeds.
4 – 5 Green Cardamon
1 inch cinnamon
3 black pepper
1. Cut chicken into medium chunk was and apply salt keep a side.
2. Take a blender add all ingredients to blend, garlic cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cardamon, feenel seeds, cloves, cinnamon and pepper, with half yogurt and blend to smooth paste.
4. Chopped fine onion, tomato and Moringa Oleifera Leaves ( Drumsticks Leaves) keep a side.
5. Take a big bowl add Chicken, remaining yogurt, garam masala, red chilly pwd., turmeric pwd., chopped Moringa Oleifera Leaves (Drumsticks Leaves), add salt and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. After 20 Minutes, take a big pot heat at medium add oil add chopped onion sautés till it translucent, add tomatoes saute till mushy then add marinate chicken in cooperates well, let it cook at medium heat.
7. After 5 to 10 minutes in cooperates check the salt add according to taste.
8. Serve with plan white rice and relish every bite with fresh green chilly 😉 with a crunch.
❤ Linda Ferns ❤