“Squid / Calamari Masala Fry” is a very special dish for my hubby and Valentine Knocking the door so just planning to prepare as special meal of his choice which he feel happy, melting moment, according to me every dishes we get in restaurant and jiffy, no harden affords and break for the day in kitchen too, but this special Day want to treat My hubby with Special Meal with simple ingredient and enclose with millions of love.
For this Valentine i want to make something special meal of his choice & “May Jesus Bless Our Marriage Life Tangibly Always” Today i share Squid / Calamari Masala Fry, its just perfect meal for darling Parents / Hubbyssss & kids too, big shout to all Girlsss do try and impress you loved one
I prepared this Squid / Calamari Masala Fry with Goan Treasure “Recheado Masala“ this is popular ground masala blend into smooth paste with dry kashmiri Chilly, other spices and blend with only vinegar for longer preservation this masala is must in goan kitchen, for jiffy to prepare, there are ample of tasty stuffing or curry to prepared like stuffed fish & Squid, rava fry, cutlets and mackerel pickle, these mackerel pickle can stay more than 15 days, voila you will have a delicious lips smacking dishes can prepare with this magical masala.
Lets begin with Squid / Calamari Masala Fry list of ingredient and method noted below :
Ingredients for Recheado Masala :
12 Red Kashmiri chillies (Soak the chilly into warm water for 3 minutes)
2 two inch sticks cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 level tsp. Cumin
8 cloves garlic
2 medium sized onions
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. Salt
Vinegar 1/4 cup – to blend to a thick paste
1. Chop the onions fine and roast in pan with 1 tbsp of oil on a skillet till light brown.
2. Take a blender add all the spices noted above ingredients except the vinegar in the blend and grind to a powder / you can also blend all the ingredients.
3. Add vinegar as required so that it blend smooth paste.
Ingredient for Squid / Calamari Masala Fry :
10 Medium Squids / Calamari
1/ 2 Cup Recheado Masala
Salt to taste
1. Clean the Squids and discard the tentacles, cut squid into ring / round thick 1″ (inch).
2. Take a bowl add Recheado Masala 2 tbsp. apply for squid ring / round cut add salt and marinade for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Take a pan add some oil add marinade squid and saute for 5 to 10 minutes add salt according to desire.
4. Switch off the flame, dont over cook it will turn to rubbery.
5. Can serve with white stem rice along with coconut or any gravy, relish every bite.
1.For less spicy, discard the seeds it depend on each desire.
2. This Recheado Masala has to blend with only vinegar without adding single drop of water, can refrigerator for more than a week.
3. For hot / spicy each can increase the chili.
4. Try to use Goan Vinegar home made if you can or substituted with any other vinegar.
❤ Linda Ferns ❤