Mughlai Cuisine refers to a cuisine, consisting of dishes developed in Medieval India but the people of Mughal Empire. It represents the cooking styles used in North India especially in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and the Indian City of Hyderabad.
The Cuisine is strongly influenced by Central Asian Cuisine, the taste of Mughlai Cuisine is vary from extremely mild spicy with smooth and rich creamy texture, with mild spicy & distinctive aroma in whole home, and the taste of ground masala with whole spices is terrific.
This “Chicken Shahi Korma” was delectable, and prepared at home for family is amazing feeling with load of love and glad to prepare this recipe, so jiffy and incredible taste. do try this amazing recipe and impress your family.
Ingredients for Miranda :
1 kg Chicken / breast
1 1/2 Cup Yogurt.
2 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1/2 tbsp. Red chillies powder
1/2 tbsp. Turmeric powder
1 tbsp. Garam masala
2 – 3 green chilly
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 Green Cardamon
4 Black pepper
4 Black peppercorns
Salt to taste
Roasting ingredient for blend :
2 medium onions
1/2 Cup / 8 – 10 Cashew Nuts
2 tbsp poppy seeds / sesame seeds
2 tbsp grated coconut
For Garnishing :
2 -3 Green chilly for garnishing.
6 -7 Cashew Nuts garnishing
- Wash and cut the chicken to medium pieces drain all water apply salt keep a side.
- Heat pan at medium heat dry roast poppy / sesame seeds, cashew nut, grated coconut and onion, roast each ingredient separately. Switch off the flame, let it cool completely.
- Take a blender add the roast ingredient and blend to smooth paste.
- Take a bowl add chicken, ginger & garlic paste, red chilly powder, turmeric powder Green chilly (chopped) garam masala, yogurt incorporates well, add ground paste.
- Cover the bowl with food cling and let it Marinade for 10 to 30 minutes.
- After 10 to 30 minutes, heat a pot at medium heat add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, black pepper saute for while till it release aroma / or a minute.
- Add the marinade chicken and stir fry for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water let it cook at low flame, stir in medium to make sure masala don’t burn at bottom, and cook till the oil appears on the bottom surface, check the salt adjust according to taste.
- Check meat it done, add green chilly & dont over cook the chicken, switch off the flame, let it cool, take in a bowl garnish with some cashew nut & green chilly or fresh coriander & serve with steam rice, naan, flat bread or pita bread.
- Relish every bite of pita bread.
- Add water according to desire gravy consistency.
- For this dish chicken has to use boneless, I tried with whole chicken, cook according to desire whole / boneless chicken.
- Substitute of Cashew nut with Almonds and poppy seeds with sesame seeds .
- Sprinkles some water in between make sure it doesn’t burn at bottom.
❤ Linda Ferns ❤